Thursday, October 14, 2010

Room check gone terribly wrong.

This morning, I was getting ready to do some yoga in my room when there was a knock at the door. It is laundry day, so let's just say that I had to scramble a bit to make my outfit look more presentable.

At the door were two guys about my age who were coming around to do room checks. I suppose the purpose of these is to make sure that the freshers weren't completely trashing their rooms, and that nothing needed to be fixed. As I let one of the guys in, he handed me a large white envelope and said that he was "sure my stuff is all right." I assumed it was a copy of the checklist that I had turned in detailing the condition in which I found my room.

Oh, how I was mistaken.

After a quick look around, letting me know that my room was "very tidy," and an assurance that someone would come in to look at the slow-emptying sink, the guys were gone.

At that point, I opened the package and found a send-away chlamydia screening kit. Apparently it was a "room check parting gift" for all of the residents.

Suddenly, those six little words that the room checker spoke took on a whole new meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment