Tuesday, November 16, 2010

William is engaged.

The soon-to-be princess is gorgeous and classy.

Of course, when I finally move to England, in search of my prince... he goes off and gets married to somebody else.

Just kidding. But honestly, when I heard the news (about 10 minutes ago), I wasn't sure how to respond. Happy for "my" new country? Devastated that another royal is off the market?

In search of my feelings, I went onto BBC's webpage, and looked at some comments of what the Brits are saying. And so far, a lot of the comments have been somewhat... bitter. They seem to only care about whether they are footing the bill. And, will they get a day off of work?

Is this what it means to live in a country with a monarchy? Note to royalty of the world: Get hitched in a good economy.

And to the single ladies of the world: The ginger is the only one left. Game, on.

2 comments: